Labels


Monday 4 January 2010

Chemistry: Plastic From Milk?

You can extract a plastic like material called casein from milk.

You will need:

  • Milk
  • Spoon
  • Vinegar
  • Pot
  • Jar
  • Strainer
  • Paper towel

1. Heat an 8-ounce (240 ml) cup of milk on a stove but don't let it boil.

2. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and stir.

3. Pour through a strainer into a jar to remove solid clumps that appear.

4. Use a spoon to squeeze out the liquid.

5. Place on and dab with paper towel to remove excess moisture.

6. Mold into wanted shape and let dry for 1 - 2 days.

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

I am a grade nine student living in Mexico. This is my home school education blog. I post the things I learned during the week on this blog. I hope you can learn things from this too.




  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP