Labels


Tuesday 6 October 2009

Biology: Naga Jolokia

The pepper whole and cut.

The Naga Jolokia pepper is the hottest chili in the world. The pepper is used as a spice in food or eaten alone. One seed from a naga jolokia can produce sustained intense pain sensations in the mouth for up to 30 minutes before subsiding.

Extreme care should be taken when ingesting the pepper and its seeds, so as to not get it in the eyes. It is used as a cure for stomach ailments. It is also used as a remedy to summer heat, presumably by inducing perspiration.

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

I am a grade nine student living in Mexico. This is my home school education blog. I post the things I learned during the week on this blog. I hope you can learn things from this too.




  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP