Labels


Tuesday 29 September 2009

Biology Picture Blog: Land Crabs


Crabs walking through the grass. I knew crabs could come on land but I never thought they could live on it. These are Cardisoma guanhumi a type of land crab. It lives along the Atlantic coast of the Americas, from Brazil and Colombia, through the Caribbean, to Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, and as far north as Vero Beach, Florida. The species varies in colour from dark blue to brown or pale grey, and may grow to 11 cm in width and weigh over 500 g.


Sources: Wikipedia

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

I am a grade nine student living in Mexico. This is my home school education blog. I post the things I learned during the week on this blog. I hope you can learn things from this too.




  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP