Labels


Friday 13 March 2009

Social Studies: Break in theOlympics

The Ancient Greek Olympic were held every for years in tribute of there god Zeus. Even after the Romans conquered Greece the games continued.

Roman emperor Theodosius ended the games after converting to Christianity. He felt the games were a glorification of the Greek gods. He put an end to the games.

The games remained history until 1892,When French baron Pierre de Coubertin tried to revive the games. In 1896 the first modern Olympic game was in Athens with 311 athletes from 13 nations.

Sources:
The Greatest Stories Never Told by Rick Beyer

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

I am a grade nine student living in Mexico. This is my home school education blog. I post the things I learned during the week on this blog. I hope you can learn things from this too.




  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP