Labels


Thursday 5 March 2009

Physics: Your Speed



Say you're on a road trip that is 2000 km (this equation applies to any unit of distance: feet, meters, miles, ext.) and it took you 2 days. But you want to know your average speed in km/h.

The equation is v=s/t. Basically velocity (v) is equal to the distance (s) divided by the time (t) it took.

In this case the distance was 2000 km over a time over time of 2 days.

So your speed is 2000 km/2 days, to make it km/h you need to divide.

First, divide 2000 by 2 to get 1000 km per day.

Second, divide 1000 by 24 (because there are about 24 hours in a day) to get 41.6.

So you average speed on the road trip was 41.6 km/h.

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

I am a grade nine student living in Mexico. This is my home school education blog. I post the things I learned during the week on this blog. I hope you can learn things from this too.




  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP