Labels


Wednesday 28 January 2009

Chemistry: Temperature Convertions


To convert from Kelvin to Celsius:

Kelvin = Celsius - 273 (The freezing point of water is therefore a balmy 273 Kelvin (K).)

In contrast to the Kelvin scale, the Celsius scale sets its zero at the freezing point of water.
Aside from that shift in zero-point, the two scales are identical. The size of a Celsius degree is
exactly equal to the size of a Kelvin degree.

At absolute zero, all elements are solids. At all temperatures greater than about 6,000K, all
elements are gaseous.

Sources: Picture credit...
Book: Chemistry Workbook For Dummies

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

I am a grade nine student living in Mexico. This is my home school education blog. I post the things I learned during the week on this blog. I hope you can learn things from this too.




  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP